Keep the deck of cards in the glove box so it is always within reach. Shuffle the deck to randomize the cards; otherwise, call out random numbers up to 49. Have your student grab a card and yell out the question before or after school. Spend time as a car answering the question.
For best results, ask further probing questions to get your desired response and engage in whatever conversation presents itself. Remember, it is not about getting the right answer, but rather allowing the participants to be open and honest about what they think and where they are at.
With all the issues surrounding and facing our students, the best way to keep our kids safe is through open and honest conversation— even when it comes to difficult topics. This "game" is designed to do just that.
You will find three packs of cards.
- Elementary Age grades 2 through 5.
- Middle School Age grades 6 through 8.
- High School Age grades 9 through 12.
The info and questions on the cards are grade level appropriate; however, read through all the cards first to ensure they are appropriate for your family to discuss freely.
Provide a vehicle for families across the country to have meaningful, brave conversations.
- Relevance- Our conversation starters are relevant to the experiences our kids navigate in their day-to-day lives.
- A start- Our conversations are only the beginning. They are designed to bridge relationships and inspire future conversations.
- Building community- Bold, brave conversations draw people together. Our sole purpose is to build community because we believe that we are stronger together.